Summer/Fall 2016– Positions Filled
- Duration: 3 – 6 months
- Start Date: May for Spring internship (dates flexible)
- Compensation: Housing & Monthly stipend
Our Horticultural Internship is a great opportunity for someone interested in improving their knowledge of horticulture, garden preservation, and flower farming.
The horticultural intern will be involved in all aspects of caring for the historic gardens, including weeding, mulching, watering, planting, propagation, pruning, fertilizing and more. The intern will also participate in the care, harvesting, and sales of fresh cut flowers from our picking gardens. Other responsibilities include social media, leading tours of the gardens, and caring for our garden dogs, Rosie and Nettles. Interns will also be expected to pursue an independent project of choice relating to the operations or history of the gardens.
- Previous experience in ornamental horticulture, gardening, or flower farming
- Positive and gung-ho attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous manual labor
- Ability and willingness to work outside, rain or shine
- Valid drivers license
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to Quill Teal-Sullivan, Garden Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by March 1st for Spring start and May 1st for Summer start.
Photograph by Joshua Scott Photography